Print

Author Topic: Copy Protection Sucks  (Read 15162 times)

xenooreo

Re:Copy Protection Sucks
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 11:09:48 AM »
Very well put on the copy protection laws. Yet another reason I am a proud Canadian.

The canadian supreme court decided about a month ago that it was legal to rip songs from CD to your hard drive and that it was legal to share those songs with your friends (provided you aren't making money off of them) So the RIAA was shut down in Canada. Thus protecting us users at home from getting our identities released for prosecution (a violation of our privacy).

hehe... stop rubbing it in our faces... you're making me jealous :P

Heh, if itunes didn't copy protect their downloads, I'd love them- but I like doing whatever I feel like to the music that I bought.  I don't want to have to give a buddy my itunes password in order to give them the latest cool song I've heard- that's bs.  

I almost always 'obtain' my music rather than purchase it initially... if I like it, then I actually go out and get the CD to support a worthy band... otherwise I dump it and move on :P  

Indeed, bands really need to start going solo... the only thing a record company is gonna do for you is make your fans unhappy and leech away all your money.  Record companies are obsolete now... use the bloody internet! :P

darryl101

Re: Copy Protection Sucks
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 11:07:52 AM »
why was the copyright protection laws enacted in the first place? my take on this matter is that startup bands should distribute their materials themselves and spread it as fast as possible like a virus. when enough popularity is already gained then maybe you could accept producers offers and start reaping the $$$

Print