Print

Author Topic: GREEN DAY  (Read 43370 times)

Smithers

GREEN DAY
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 07:01:58 PM »
I'd have to say She, Walking Contradiction, Redundant, and Holiday would top my list.  

Marlene

Re:GREEN DAY
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2004, 01:53:04 PM »
Green Day is awesome, they're so unique, and im so glad they made the rock opera, it really boosted up their music style.  

i just finished watching Boulevard of Broken Dreams, it's such a cool and meaningful video.  i know there are lots of people here that can agree that you can somehow relate to it in some way or another

Jadis

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2005, 04:16:08 PM »
Green Day, I saw those guys in 1993 @ lalapoluza they opened the show, Who new they turn out to be a awsome band, I really dig the albums from Dookie to American Idiot! Very good song writters!

music_at_wrk

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2005, 04:33:28 PM »
what about insomniac? there are a few sweet songs on that album too...

frontrowgirl

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2005, 05:44:53 PM »
isn't walking contradiction on insomniac?  i love that song, and the video is amazing.

redundant used to be my favourite green day song...although that has been supplanted by boulevard of broken dreams.

music_at_wrk

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2005, 05:49:40 PM »
not sure about walking contradiction but I know that Brain Stew was on that album

Jadis

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2005, 02:23:33 AM »
Yeah There is some good stuff in Insomniac! but the other album are full of good tunes! its always nice to listen to an album thats good from front to back!

BadPussy

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2005, 08:44:40 AM »
I really like Green Day since I heard American Idiot the first time some months ago!
I think it's music for everyone! (all my friends hear different kind of music, but they all love Green Day!)

(I'm sorry- but I`m from Germany, and my english isn't very good *g*)

JewelBlack

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2005, 10:51:27 AM »
Your english seems pretty good to me!  It is much better than my german ;)

BadPussy

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2005, 02:10:47 AM »
really?! I`m not sure... sometimes I speak english with my friend willow- she's from pennsylvania (hope that's right *g*) and is staying in germany till june.+
she's learning english very well! ;)
perhaps some kind of hope for you, jewelblack?! ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 02:12:07 AM by BadPussy »

JewelBlack

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2005, 12:08:02 PM »
Oh I don't really speak any german.  I just know "hunde" and ich and a few words I cannot spell!  ;)

Offline TwisterX

• Global Moderator
  • ROCK STAR!
  • I just wub typo's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2005, 02:30:24 PM »
listen to some rammstein, it might help :P

PS. And i mean the original ersion - not the stupid bad sounding english covers =)
The Boss: They call him "the Fairy"...
Slevin: Why do they call him "the Fairy"?
The Boss: Because he's a fairy.
Slevin: What, he's got wings... he flies around sprinkling magic dust on people?
The Boss: [angry] He's a homosexual!

BadPussy

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2005, 11:49:51 AM »
do you really think, rammstein woul help ya learning german?! *g* maybe..... but I donīt think so ;)

Offline Reejmon

• Forum_Host
  • ROCK STAR!
  • We ride tonight! Ghost horses!
    • View Profile
    • My OLD schoolportfolio
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2005, 12:16:51 PM »
why not?
it's all you need to know ;D
  • I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me... They'd think that I'd finally lost it completely...
  • I'd show them the stars, and the meaning of life... They'd shut me away........... But I'll be all right...

Guerteltier

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2005, 04:15:54 PM »
Well I must admit "Green Day" is good but I like "Bad Religion" much more. When it comes to the Lyrics I think both are on the same Lvl. You can compare Green Days American Idiot with Bad Religions New America or Punk Rock Song, for example. "Typicall" (which means not bad!) punk rock songs with meaning in the lyrics.

But when it comes to the instrumental part, I like Bad Religions style and the voice of Greg Graffin (Vocalist of BR) much more. Green Day is just... more like the teenage-dumbass-movie-rock-soundtrack-music. Compared to Green Day, Bad Religion is just more like a Punkrock Band. Ok I should mention that I donīt know much songs from Green Day and I havenīt listened to their new Album... but in the end itīs just a matter of taste so donīt hit me for mine ;)

Print