Print

Author Topic: New Forum Hosts  (Read 19751 times)

the_guy

Re:New Forum Hosts
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2005, 11:26:12 AM »
good some one agrees

music_at_wrk

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2005, 11:29:09 AM »
those lucky bastard kids in BC don't have school pretty much all week because of the teachers bitching about not getting paid the most in the country... oh no they slipped to 3rd

the_guy

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2005, 11:34:58 AM »
hahaha i dont have school till monday lol

music_at_wrk

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2005, 11:35:59 AM »
i reitterate my statements about the little bastard kids that don't go to school durring the week

the_guy

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2005, 11:37:42 AM »
lol

Ballkick

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2005, 11:37:44 AM »
Teachers should be paid more. Then the school boards can kick out the shitty ones to make room for the ones that really want to teach and make a difference in kids lives.
EVer had a shitty teacher that was just there for the power trip and the pay cheque? How did you fare in their class?
There is too many teachers that shouldn't be teaching IMO

music_at_wrk

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2005, 11:45:32 AM »
true but also in BC education is an essential service so they are now breaking the law by striking (the gov here has said that they are not giving a raise to any public employee union this year) and they have been legislated to have their contracts extended till next spring when negotiations will resume. I really do disagree with the teachers stance on this issue at least considering that dispite no one else getting anything they want a 15% increase in pay and smaller class sizes (less work)

Ballkick

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2005, 12:28:45 PM »
One of the biggest problems with BC is the power of the labor unions. They have fucked business and government over at every corner. They are not willing to conceed anything. I grew up in a Union town that went on strike every few years. The problem as I seen it was that a general laborer 20 years ago was making 15+ bucks an hour for pushing a broom. No skill but higher than average pay due to the strong arm tactics of the union. Now the union is wondering why half of it's membership is out of work and the company threatens to close the doors all the time. You cant afford to pay people more than they are worth it's just not good business.
BC is mired in red tape and buracracy the unions have had a large impact on the province and it's stagnent job creation program.
The Labor unions need to back the fuck up, if they really want to see BC become strong economically. JM2cents.

music_at_wrk

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »
well that's why i like the liberals in bc they fixed alot of the problems created by the NDP in the 90s when the NDP was in the pocket of every union in the province. I am glad the union is just flatly rejecting the unions calls to go back to the barganing table at this point in the game. They aren't getting pushed around like the NDP was. They understand what it takes to run a business, that's why for the last 4 years things have been slowly turning around in our economy.

don2718

New Forum Hosts
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2005, 09:49:38 AM »
Not to change the subject or anything, but...

Wanted to say congrats to Ballkick, TwisterX, Reeejmon, music_at_work and JewelBlack on their newly appointed nearly-god-like powers. :)  

Now I suppose some serious sucking-up is in order!  (note for Dutch our friends: that's nothing like what you're thinking -- it means "gratuitous flattery" or something like that, usually employed when some plebe attempts to curry favor amongst those who have nearly-god-like powers.)

music_at_wrk

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »
no sucking up means just what it sounds like in a LOT of cases :P

Ballkick

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2005, 10:11:45 AM »
How did your linux penguin manage to qualify for a firearms permit?
nice machine gun.

Offline Reejmon

• Forum_Host
  • ROCK STAR!
  • We ride tonight! Ghost horses!
    • View Profile
    • My OLD schoolportfolio
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2005, 10:28:54 AM »
lol, thanks for the explanation, don2718, but I think I already got it ;D
and m@w's probably right too ghehe
  • I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me... They'd think that I'd finally lost it completely...
  • I'd show them the stars, and the meaning of life... They'd shut me away........... But I'll be all right...

Offline TwisterX

• Global Moderator
  • ROCK STAR!
  • I just wub typo's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2005, 10:47:50 AM »
is it... a "rocket machine gun"? ^_^
The Boss: They call him "the Fairy"...
Slevin: Why do they call him "the Fairy"?
The Boss: Because he's a fairy.
Slevin: What, he's got wings... he flies around sprinkling magic dust on people?
The Boss: [angry] He's a homosexual!

the_guy

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2005, 11:46:23 AM »
ya don2718 is right congrats are in order for the new forum hosts

Print