Print

Author Topic: RAMMSTEIN  (Read 26363 times)

Ballkick

Re:RAMMSTEIN
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 03:46:11 PM »
Yeah we've been through this before I know it's bunk!
But to a eight year old,.......well I just don't think I have the parenting skills to explain that one. Nor do I want to.

Offline TwisterX

• Global Moderator
  • ROCK STAR!
  • I just wub typo's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 03:48:06 PM »
youve got a point there :P
The Boss: They call him "the Fairy"...
Slevin: Why do they call him "the Fairy"?
The Boss: Because he's a fairy.
Slevin: What, he's got wings... he flies around sprinkling magic dust on people?
The Boss: [angry] He's a homosexual!

Offline Reejmon

• Forum_Host
  • ROCK STAR!
  • We ride tonight! Ghost horses!
    • View Profile
    • My OLD schoolportfolio
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 03:49:37 PM »
when you gotta go.. you gotta go
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 04:51:23 PM by Reejmon »
  • I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me... They'd think that I'd finally lost it completely...
  • I'd show them the stars, and the meaning of life... They'd shut me away........... But I'll be all right...

JewelBlack

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 07:52:48 PM »
bunk or not I still think its gross

Benny de Beer

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 03:02:51 AM »
no nuance, no style, no morale whatsoever.. i love it
and to bk, i'm not pissed off i was just trying to keep the oddities in ;)
and it are full-albums not song mkay??
<lecture-mode off>
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 05:27:22 AM by Dutch-grenadier »

Ballkick

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 11:36:41 AM »
Even though I have been wised up to the fact that this is a "Performance" Rammstein is going for low order shock value here.
Anyone who knows anything about ol' Ballkick will attest to the fact that I am somewhat homophobic. I don't have a problem with people being gay; if that's the person they love so be it. However the scene created for the audience here has nothing to do with two people in love but rather a desperate attempt by the band to shock our Christian sensibilities. I don't need to see some guy urinating on another person be it male or female. Again I don't care if they practice this at home but knowing that that is part of "the show" will ensure my right as a free man to “NOT” buy a ticket to see these guys.
I will however continue to base my assessment of the band by the only thing that really matters to me... Namely, their music.

BTW, after previewing the latest CD from Rammstein my opinion of the music on Rosenrot is that it is not their finest work and seems a little bit watered down?
I however, would like to remind you I only listened to the cd once.
So that could change a bit with more exposure to it.
Fair enough?

Benny de Beer

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2005, 02:25:37 PM »
BTW, after previewing the latest CD from Rammstein my opinion of the music on Rosenrot is that it is not their finest work and seems a little bit watered down?
Fair enough?

i agree though, i like it but is doen't compare to the early work...
( many many MANY bands have received this comment thoughout history, but sadly it is true :( )

Offline Reejmon

• Forum_Host
  • ROCK STAR!
  • We ride tonight! Ghost horses!
    • View Profile
    • My OLD schoolportfolio
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2005, 03:03:30 PM »
well Reise Reise is a damn good album (just listen to the last four measures alone and you know it rocks), and that's been only one year ago. Maybe they just made a new album too soon. But I too have only listened to it once, so I Might Be Wrong <--- ;)

but erm..

Anyone who knows anything about ol' Ballkick will attest to the fact that I am somewhat homophobic. I don't have a problem with people being gay; if that's the person they love so be it. However the scene created for the audience here has nothing to do with two people in love but rather a desperate attempt by the band to shock our Christian sensibilities. I don't need to see some guy urinating on another person be it male or female. Again I don't care if they practice this at home but knowing that that is part of "the show" will ensure my right as a free man to “NOT” buy a ticket to see these guys.

I think that whole clip has got shit to do with homosexuality. This is just enacting a bizar form of 'sex', can't see why that makes you make a statement about gay people.
  • I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me... They'd think that I'd finally lost it completely...
  • I'd show them the stars, and the meaning of life... They'd shut me away........... But I'll be all right...

Benny de Beer

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2005, 03:24:15 PM »
it's the continent you can't blame those poor colonials

JewelBlack

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 08:14:56 PM »
I think that whole clip has got shit to do with homosexuality. This is just enacting a bizar form of 'sex', can't see why that makes you make a statement about gay people.

Perhaps because they are both men?  Either way its not something I want to see, ever.  Bleh.  

JewelBlack

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2005, 08:15:43 PM »
Even though I have been wised up to the fact that this is a "Performance" Rammstein is going for low order shock value here.
I will however continue to base my assessment of the band by the only thing that really matters to me... Namely, their music.

Fair enough?

Well said BK

Benny de Beer

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2005, 03:46:12 AM »
anyone saw/see (bite me)  the live preformance of "Mein Teil"?? i u think "Buck dich" is gross...
eet de pik, jawel eet iet
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 03:48:06 AM by Dutch-grenadier »

Ballkick

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2005, 05:58:27 AM »
got a link to Mein Teil?
I must say curiousity killed the cat.

Offline TwisterX

• Global Moderator
  • ROCK STAR!
  • I just wub typo's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2005, 05:59:45 AM »
its probably on one of those live DVD's of him :P
The Boss: They call him "the Fairy"...
Slevin: Why do they call him "the Fairy"?
The Boss: Because he's a fairy.
Slevin: What, he's got wings... he flies around sprinkling magic dust on people?
The Boss: [angry] He's a homosexual!

Benny de Beer

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2005, 06:01:39 AM »
yup it is, i don't have a site or anything, but i'll try putting on my msn space
giving my suckyness with those teknikul thangs maybe u can watch it next month

Print