[ visit the official website ]
Downshift is a Folsom California based five piece that combines radio hook driven melodies and cutting edge rock music. Downshift thrives on their live show… “We believe that if you’re paying to see us … then we’re going to give you a show to remember” says lead singer Casey Lee. The Downshift of 2006 is a far different band than 2004. In late 2005 Downshift decided to find a vocalist to take them to the next level. After four months, a nationwide search, and hundreds of audition tapes they found Casey Lee based out of Chicago IL. “We knew Casey was the missing piece in this band the moment we met him” says Jeremy Unruh. The band immediately started recording and released three songs that are receiving rave reviews from online music sites such as Myspace, Pure Volume, and Garage Band.
In under a year, Downshift has achieved many goals such as:
* Sharing the stage with regional and national recording artists like The Used, My Chemical Romance, Saosin, Underoath, Killswitch Engage, Senses Fail, A Static Lullaby, Dope, Mushroomhead and many more.
* Releasing their 8 song EP “Are you Down” in the Spring 2005 with over 200,000 plays and 1000s of records sold.
* Receiving major endorsements including Jagermeister Music, Villain Clothing, 50 Deep along with many other endorsements.
* Winning “battle of the bands” which awarded them to open the Taste of Chaos tour at Arco Arena in Sacramento
* Receiving frequent radio air-play including XM, Internet and Sacramento’s own 98 Rock and KWOD 106.5.
With a new album close to completion Downshift is ready to unleash their new sound upon new and old fans alike. Downshift has conquered the local music scene and is poised to achieve success in the music industry at a higher level.